- The Stone SouperComputer - In the News!
- Hargrove, William W., Forrest
M. Hoffman, and Thomas Sterling. August 2001. "The
American, Vol. 265, No. 2, pp. 72-79.
- Hoffman, Forrest M. and William W. Hargrove. Winter 2000. "High
Performance Computing: An Introduction to Parallel Programming With
Beowulf." Open Source
Developers Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 24-31.
- Hargrove, W. W. and F. M. Hoffman. September 2-8, 2000. An
Analytical Assessment Tool for Predicting Changes in a Species
Distribution Map Following Changes in Environmental Conditions.
the Fourth International Conference on Integrating GIS and Environmental
Modeling (GIS/EM4): Problems, Prospects and Research Needs,
Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- Gwo, J. P., F. M. Hoffman, and W. W. Hargrove. April 2000. Mechanistic-Based
Genetic Algorithm Search on a Beowulf Cluster of Linux PCs.
Proceedings of the High Performance Computing 2000 (HPC2000)
Conference, Washington, DC.
- Mahinthakumar, G., F. M. Hoffman, W. W. Hargrove,
and N. T. Karonis. November 13-15, 1999. Multivariate
Geographic Clustering in a Metacomputing Environment
Using Globus. Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE SC99 Conference, Portland, OR.
- Hoffman, F. M. and W. W. Hargrove. Fall 1999. "Parallel
Computing With Linux." Crossroads,
Volume 6, Number 1.
- Hargrove, W. W. and F. M. Hoffman. July 26-30, 1999. "An Analytical Assessment Tool
for Predicting Changes in a Species Distribution Map Following Changes
in Environmental Conditions." In Proceedings of the 1999 ESRI
International User Conference CD-ROM (and World Wide Web site here).
- Hargrove, W. W. and F. M. Hoffman. July/August 1999. "Using Multivariate Clustering to
Characterize Ecoregion Borders." Computing in Science &
Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 18-25.
- Hoffman, F. M. and W. W. Hargrove. June 28-July 1, 1999. "Multivariate Geographic Clustering
Using a Beowulf-style Parallel Computer." In Proceedings of
the International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processsing
Techniques and Applications (PDPTA '99), Volume III, H. R. Arabnia,
Ed. ISBN 1-892512-11-4, CSREA Press, pp. 1292-1298.
- Hoffman, Forrest M. and William W. Hargrove. Spring 1999. "Cluster
Computing: Linux Taken to the Extreme." Linux Magazine, Volume 1,
- Hoffman, Forrest M. and William W. Hargrove. May 1998. "Making
Soup from Stones." Troubleshooting
Professional, Volume 2, Issue 5.
|Beowulf WWW Sites|
|Links to Other Beowulf Computers|
. . . and then there is the original Beowulf manuscript and Beowulf
|Beowulf (or Beowulf-Infiltrated) Events and Conferences|
- 2nd Cluster Computing in the Sciences Conference (8-9 February 2001)
Carolina Geographic Information Systems Conference (1-2 March 2001)
4th Annual Linux Showcase & Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
(10-14 October 2000)
- The 3rd Annual Atlanta
Linux Showcase (12-16 October 1999)
- The Fifth
Joint DOE/NASA PC Clustered Computing Conference (6-9 October 1999)
- The 1999 International
Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and
Applications (PDPTA'99) (28 June - 1 July 1999, Monte Carlo
Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA)
Linux Workshop #2, in conjunction with the USENIX Annual Technical
Conference (8-11 June 1999, Monterey, California, USA)
- 5th Annual Linux Expo
(18-22 May 1999, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA)
- LinuxWorld Conference
& Expo (2-4 March 1999, San Jose, California, USA)
- Supercomputing '98,
High Performance Networking and Computing Conference (7-13 November
1998, Orlando, Florida, USA)
- Seventh IEEE International
Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (28-31 July
1998, Chicago, Illinois, USA)
Expo '98 (28-30 May 1998, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina,
Linux Workshop #1 (12-13 February 1998, Sante Fe, New Mexico, USA)
Cluster Workshop (21-22 November 1997, Moneterey, California, USA)
- Pentium Pro Cluster
Workshop (10-11 April 1997, Des Moines, Iowa, USA)
- Cluster Computing
Conference - CCC '97 (9-11 March 1997, Emory University, Atlanta,
|Other Stone Soups||